Saturday 23 June – 10am – 6.30pm (draw)
Saturday 4 August – 10am – 6.30pm
Saturday 25 August – 10am – 6.30pm
Sunday 24 June – 9am – 5.30pm (draw)
Sunday 5 August – 9am – 5.30pm
Sunday 26 August – 9am – 5.30pm
All games at the Australian Institute of Sport.
Fast-5 competition style. Five players in the water including the goal keeper. Minimum of six players, maximum of 8. Games are played 2×10 minute running time quarters
* designed to encourage participation and learning of skills
* aimed for players with no or one season of playing experience (i.e. ages 14 and under with limited experience)
* clubs may nominate one experienced player to play in the team to assist development, this player may not be in goals and may not score goals (this player may not be aged over 16)
* games will be half field, played in the morning of the competition
* Teams are mixed sex
* designed for players with one or more season’s playing experience (ages 14-16)
* generally these players will have limited representative experience (i.e. may have played at one State or National tournament – U14s or U12s)
* Beginners may play up in this division, but intermediate players may not play down (unless they are the one nominated experienced player)
* designed for players with multiple years playing experience (ages 14-16)
* these players will have representative experience
* clubs may nominate one player over the age of 16 (but under 20) to participate in this competition to develop skills and provide depth to teams
* Intermediate players may play up in this division, but elite players may not play down (unless they are the one nominated experienced player)
Fast-5 competition style. Five players in the water including the goal keeper. After a goal, game re-starts from half way. Excluded player must swim to the corner rise to the surface a re-enter. Minimum of six players, maximum of 8. Games are played 2×10 minute running time quarters.
* Teams may enter for one competition weekend, or all weekends
* Team entry cost is based on a per player per team entry
* Players not currently registered with a club may enter the competition, however they must register with Water Polo ACT prior to playing.
* Teams may be created across clubs and separate to clubs (this is to promote a social style competition and encourage new and returning players).
* Players may play in multiple teams across divisions, however, they may not play in multiple teams within a division (i.e. a male player may play in the men’s division and in the mixed division, however, they may not play for two teams in the men’s division).
* Teams must provide a referee for the game following their own, and a table duty rep for their own game.
Draws and Fixtures
Details for the Winter Competition can be found here
Please find an updated copy of the competition policy here